Saturday, July 31, 2010

We Haston's are employed!

We wrapped up a great week! Scott was offered a position with The Handyman Connection on Wednesday and started work on Thursday. He has done 2 jobs for the company and so far so good. He 'volunteered' to work this Saturday too! He is doing home improvement jobs and gets to set his own schedule. Right now he is getting smaller jobs until they get to know him, so he's taking as many as he can right now to get the smaller ones out of the way. I received my 2nd job offer on Friday! I'm so happy with the position and the compensation package they offered me. I have a great feeling about the opportunity they are offering. The company is The Tennessean, its the largest newspaper in TN. I'll be working for the Media Group side, handling strategic marketing for their key accounts. My office will be in downtown Nashville. I am really excited and happy to have a job after being here less than 3 weeks! Both offers were good and the companies are great as well. I knew right away which one I wanted after both offers came in. I started interviewing with The Tennessean in June over the phone in California. They put me through a rigorous interview process, but I persevered and stuck with it. I had several phone interviews and then when I arrived in TN I met with 7 different managers before I received my offer. The hiring manager said she knew she wanted me, but just wasn't sure where! In fact I didn't get the job I originally started interviewing for. I have really enjoyed everyone there I have met and I can't wait to start. I was a little nervous at first about being in the city, but now I think its another piece to this adventure. I was especially scared when I had to deal with parking but it worked out!

Last night Scott and I went out to celebrate our new jobs and we went with my new friend Maggie! I just love her! Its so nice to already have a girlfriend... We also went with Scott's long time friend from high school. A double date if ya will. Let's see if we have match making skills. It was a blind date for Maggie. Even if there isn't a romantic connection, we all had a great time. We started out at dinner. It was a great dinner, you know the kind where ya take a long time to order and just soak up the atmosphere and the great conversation... We had FUN! After dinner we went back to Scott's friends house and sat outside on the porch! LOL, I know!! So Southern. It was a beautiful night, I was NOT cold at all. Which is amazing, to be outside and not cold! I love it! His house was set up back against the trees so we had an incredible view. Now we could hear some strange sound the entire time, but Scott said not to worry that it was just bugs!! EEK!! We lit lots of candles and of course sprayed, so hopefully I didn't get attacked too bad.

Not sure what are plan is for this weekend, but I'm sure we'll get out and explore some more. We have a lot to see. Plus, I like to stay busy. For all those who are worried about me being home sick, don't. Of course I miss my family, but I've adjusted. I'm so excited about this job! Its going to be great! I got a large package from my parents and sister in the mail this week, which was a lovely care package. Charlie Mae has her 1st day of preschool on Tuesday of next week. She is so excited and this will help her make friends as well. Scott and I are really excited about the changes taking place and the adventures we are about to embark on.

Thanks for reading about our transitional phase of our journey... More of this experiment to follow.

Sarah
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment