Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In the hunt...

I thought I would use the word 'hunt' for many reasons tonight... Yes, this is after all Tennessee and this use to be vegetarian was raised by a big time hunter and the man I love is a hunter as well. I myself am hunting down a career. Yesterday I had 3 1 hour interviews at The Tennessean with 3 different managers. It was a difficult interview process with mostly situational questions. I will not bore you with the details, however I will say I am very excited about the opportunity and feel it would be an awesome career. I left feeling very pumped and positive. They want to fill the position right away so I'm hoping to hear back soon. I was told this evening that one of my references was called as well and that is very encouraging!! This means, I'm in the hunt! Ha! Now let's all think positive!! I have another job interview tomorrow, Thursday with a company called Welcome Wagon. This would be a Direct Mail advertising job, which just happens to be my specialty. My interview is at 'Dunken Donuts'!! LOL there is NO Starbucks here and 'Java Joes is having a baby!' Now I don't know what that means, that is just what I was told. Now let's all think positive!! Maybe I'll have choices!

Today was my first day on my own in Lebanon. It was interesting, it had some highs and lows. Today for the first time it truly sunk in that I have moved to TN. I am not on vacation and I don't have a plan to go home. I took the girls out to not only learn my way around but to look at some preschools for Charlie Mae and a day care for Addison. Again I was on a hunt... I was real pleased with the preschool I found. Everyone I met was so nice, the classroom looked great, she will be with only 3 year olds and will have now more than 8 in her class. She of course charmed them and is super excited about going. I talked on the phone with a day care facility for Addison but I never could find the place. I had a garmin, but just didn't see it. In fact I still don't know my way around at all. I do not get the lay out of the city and it seems like I'm always on 1 of 3 streets, but I don't realize how they all connect. After we got lost we stumbled onto Baskin Robbins, so I ordered Charlie Mae's Snow White birthday cake. She is so excited!! They didn't have a Snow White cake, but they had other princess cakes, however me being the sales person I am asked for what I wanted and it worked out! Yeah me!! Funny though, while we were in Baskin Robbins it began to pour outside, I mean rain. Real rain. - kept thinking what the heck!! Of course, I am out in this. I managed fine though. I followed my own safety course and just avoided it. I sat and waited it out!! I know that sounds silly, but it worked best for me and the girls...

This felt good having a win coming off of Addison's burn. Her blister popped today, OUCH! I guess that means she is getting better though. She is amazing to me. She is sitting so well and playing. I got some great pictures of her today!!

Scott was able to work today which is nice. He painted a dining room and hung up a light. This is why I was by myself. For the most part it worked out. I am covered from head to toe in nasty bug bites, I mean nasty. The crazy part is I am hardly outside. Its ridiculous! My Father in Law bought me some 'off' today. I hope it helps! Its frustrating to say the least. I itch and I'm swelling up. The red spots on me are gigantic!!! I will not get discourage though... I am staying as positive as I can. I do miss everyone. Its funny how we all text and email so much I didn't realize how much I missed everyone until I heard a familiar voice on the phone today. Our conversation was brief & at the time I thought too brief, but now I know I probably would have just broke down. It doesn't matter how busy I am or how happy I am, there are just some people I'm always going to miss. Its just the idea that I can't hop in my car and head on over for 'the best chicken on the grill I've ever had' or scrapbook and talk with my sister, watch 'the young & the restless' with my mom, watch Charlie and Maryam go at it... Wow, I miss and love you all!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment