Friday, July 16, 2010

Ventured out...

Today was another great day! I took the girls out for a drive around Lebanon all by ourselves! We went to 'the square' and picked up some maps of different tours so we can plan some trips to historical sights. I also picked up an art magazine so I can dive into the different cultural events in Nashville. I would like to see as much as I can before I get busy with work.
Speaking of work... I have a job interview set up with The Tennesseean, which is a newspaper, on Tuesday. I started interviewing with them in California and they were anxious to see me when I arrived in TN. I will be meeting with 3 hiring managers so wish me luck! I have a few more leads that I'm still working on as well. I'm even calling on one of my old automotive contacts. We shall see!
We went to Nashville tonight to see Scott's good friend John Ray and his wife Tamara. We had a wonderful time. This is Scott's best friend while growing up in Lebanon and they have managed to stay in touch all these years. In fact they came out to our wedding in San Diego and we went to theirs in DC. They have a little boy who will be 1 years old on the 27th. We are going to his birthday party next weekend. They have an amazing house right there in the heart of Nashville. Its gorgeous and is over 100 years old, it has so much character. The house has been renovated but they have a bit more they would like to do. It looks like Scott will be helping them with that too!
The only negative about today is our car broke down on the way home! We had to pull off the road around 9 and Scott did not get home until 1:30am. He had trouble getting a tow truck to come and get him. Ernie came and picked up me and the girls while Scott waited for a tow truck. Some liquid just started spewing out of the engine. I'm just grateful we made it home safe and that this didn't happen while Scott & Nat were driving across country! I am determined to believe that our luck is going to change.
Charlie and Addison are both adjusting well. In fact they both slept great last night and I think we are all finally eating again. That's important. Well to me anyways! I'm so cranky when I'm hungry. Ha! Ha! I'm going to be cooking dinner, mainly for selfish reasons, I'd like to eat what I want! Ha! Its going to be fun learning to prepare new meals and explore the kitchen. I'm starting to notice what I'm going to miss as I realize I'm not on vacation. Its funny how keeping your toothbrush on a counter or in a drawer makes you feel different than keeping it in a ditty bag. Its too soon for me to be home sick but I have done a lot of thinking lately about who I am what path I will take. Moving to Tennessee wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. There are many people that I miss. I haven't 'thought' too much about my sister because if I do, I know I'll cry. My nephew is having surgery today and the thought of being so far away is killing me. I have always been a short car ride away from my family.
As far as Tennessee in general goes... Its beautiful. The weather is crazy, the food is unhealthy, but everyone I have met has been so nice! This weekend we plan to head out to visit some of Scott's relatives that he hasn't seen in 5 years! Some of his cousins are our age and have little kids as well. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone again. Here are some pictures of our condo as well. Hope everyone is enjoying our story.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment