Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Getting settled in & keeping busy...

BUSY BUSY BUSY!! We spent most of the day unpacking and thank goodness because we are unpacked! It feels good to finally get settled in. For those who don't know, we are living in a nice spacious condo with Ernie & Janette (Scott's parents) and most of our stuff is in storage. So before you get too impressed I really only had to unpack the essentials for us 4. Now don't get me wrong, it was a lot. Our Volvo and Truck were FULL!!
Yesterday we went cruising all over downtown Nashville and Lebanon. We started the morning looking for Starbucks and ended up at Java Joe's. That's all I'm going to say about that. Downtown Lebanon is a pretty cool square. Nothing like I have seen before and I really enjoyed the look and feel. We popped into the chamber of commerce where Janette works and admired some lovely artwork from Nat Haston (my brother in law). I think he must be famous here! If I'm not hearing about him on the radio his art is staring me in the face! I must give the boy props as hard of a time he gives me, the man is very talented on many levels. After we soaked up the not so local artist we headed to Nashville. That was great! It was wonderful to spend time with Justin... And we both agreed that we now understand 'but its a dry heat'! We grew up in 29 Palms so this humidity in ridiculous!! We were walking around Nashville in the rain, in shorts and flip flops! And, we weren't cold. Now this weather is something else!! It sure is hard for me to realize that I can be out in the rain and not cold! Funny concept for this So Cal Gal!!

Last night I ventured out with Janette, we went to a chamber mixer. I had a great time as I met several good people and some great contacts that I think will help me get a job. I spoke with a hiring manager at Cumberland University and we hit it off so well. I have an appointment to meet with her the first of August. Also, I made a new friend. Her name is Maggie and we really hit it off. We have so much in common and I'm hoping we will really get to know each other.

It was a little tough waking up this morning and facing Tennessee straight in the face. I was starving because I didn't eat dinner last night. We had went to a chicken place for dinner and anyone who knows me, knows I don't eat chicken. So we went grocery shopping this morning and it started to sink in that I wasn't on vacation. I of course got sad and needed to hear hey snap out of it! 'Its only been 1 day'! Yes, I am that much of a dork!! On a positive I had a phone interview this morning that went really well and I let the 2 companies that are interested in interviewing me that I am finally here and ready. Hopefully I will have a couple interviews next week. It sure would be nice if I had some choices! I also have another contact I will give a call on tomorrow. Both companies are in Nashville but there is a cool train that I could take from. Lebanon to Nashville. Now I've never road public transportation before but hey I'm all about trying new things! On Monday I tried a brand new salad dressing.

Charlie and Addison are doing well. Addison is progressing right along. Today she was sitting all by herself! She is also getting her 1st tooth. She didn't sleep too well last night, but I'm sure that is just part of the transition. Charlie is doing great! She went to an awesome park today! The whole park is surrounded by beautiful green trees and the whole area is just a fantastic view. There is a nice path too where I plan on trying for my daily runs! Well exercise that is! Ha! The play area is fantastic and there is a water play area too! She had a blast! Then she went swimming with her daddy while I cooked dinner. She is so happy to be spending time with her Nana and Papa. I know she misses her California family as she pretended to call Uncle Nat, Auntie Jennifer & Maryam. She is so funny! She told Maryam about the park, Jennifer that she was scared to swim and Nat that she ate watermelon!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment