Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Charlie Mae!

Wow! Charlie Mae is 3 years old... well tomorrow anyways! We had a great party at the park today. Charlie was a true princess. She wore her Snow White dress at the beginning of the day, but it wasn't too long before she switched to her Little Mermaid bathing suit. It was a hot hot day! I'm sure it was 100 degrees outside. In fact Lebanon was in a heat advisory warning for how hot it was and it was recommended for us to stay inside. The party started off slow when we had to move the entire party because I set up at the wrong pavilion. I know! Such a Sarah move... I guess I just didn't look at the sign that said "pavillion 1". We were supposed to be at pavillion "2". It was a funny sight carrying pink and purple balloons, princess party signs, all the food, coolers and party supplies across the park to another pavillion. Of course the security guard made plenty of jokes about how it must have been a women who went to the wrong area. Oh well. Once we got situated we started cooking and had a fabulous time. Charlie Mae really enjoyed herself. She made some new friends and had a blast with her cousins! The kids were able to play in the water park and run up and down the castle playground! She loved her Snow White ice cream cake although she didn't scarf it down like she does her Uncle Brett's cakes! She opened some really cute gifts and was so funny as she "read" each card. Then after all her gifts were open her Papa took her over to where her new purple and pink disney princess bike was! Oh did she love it... she got right on it and just started peddling away like she knew what she was doing! Obviously she has her mother's coordination! Ha! We all had a really good time! I am grateful that we were able to put together such a great party on such short notice and that she was able to make new friends. It was hard for me to not have my family there as I know they would have liked to be a part of it, but hey that's what this adventure is all about. Trying new things and exploring the unknown. It definitely is different to not be close to family. I am learning a lot about myself, my true likes and dislikes. Also, I would say I am more brave than I ever anticipated I would be. I didn't realize how much courage I had in me, or how strong of a mother I am. My kids truly do come first.

Scott and I went out on Thursday night for drinks and were able to sit down and have a grown up conversation. It was the first time we had time together in I can't remember how long. Things have just been so crazy with packing and moving and unpacking. Janette and Ernie watched the girls and even though we were only gone for an hour it was a great hour. We really enjoyed being just Scott and Sarah again. Scott has been able to reconnect with some old friends which is fantastic and he is really enjoying catching up. I on the other hand have made some new friends. In fact we went out last night with someone that I have really made a connection with. Friday actually was an over all great day. We got up early and went for a drive down to Franklin. I was able to have Starbucks! Plus, we went to a mall. A real mall. ohhhh it was nice. Made me feel right at home! Then we came home and went out to dinner with my new friends and out after that for cocktails. We went to a local hang out called "the bull and whistle" It wasn't very crowded and they had a live singer. I of coursed introduced myself oh so gracefully when I requested Neil Diamond and Wham. These are not BIG hits in Lebanon. The singers name was "PORK" and he was proud to play Scott's requests of George Strait and Johnny Cash. Go figure!

All and all I would say we are having a good time. Scott is going out on an interview on Monday for a job! That is very exciting! I'm optimistic that I'll get an offer here next week. Good things are happening for this Haston family and we are enjoying our journey so far! MINUS the fact that my body is red and swollen because I am under attack! I am not sure what is eating me, but it is awful. I am covered from head to toe in awful bites that I am just having a reaction too. Everytime I turn the corner I can hear my husband and his parents talking about how awful they look and what is it?? Yes, I am the only one who is getting eaten alive slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment