Saturday, August 7, 2010

Working!

Scott had an awesome week of work and is really enjoying his job. He loves the freedom of continuing to do his own thing, like he did in California. It's nice that all of the leads are provided for him. He is probably going to get licensed here and go back to doing it on his own. This is great practice for him, because with Haston Bros. his brother was the one who booked and bid the jobs. So this is great experience and Scott is starting feel more comfortable with that aspect of the business. I am confident that it won't be long before he is on his own and will probably have some subcontractors working for him too. He has many connections here and will not have trouble getting home improvements jobs.

As for me... When do I go back to work? Monday! Yes, it's true! I'll be climbing the corporate ladder starting Monday morning at 8:30! I will be commuting to Nashville from Lebanon. It's about 25 miles and shouldn't take me too long. Funny, I have been watching the local news here and they show the "traffic cam" and I laugh, when they say it's moving "slow". Ha! It's very different from what I am use to. I am not worried about the traffic at all. I am very excited and the the anticipation has settled. My mind is already wondering what I am going to wear? How will my hair look? Shoes? You know, the usual first day jitters! I know that it is going to be a huge adjustment for me, but I am ready. This is a great opportunity and there is a so much potential with this company. I am so lucky that I interviewed with someone who had vision and saw something in me. I am so optimistic and I have such a great feeling about this. Of course it helps, that my wonderful husband has all the faith in the world in me and believes I can and will be great. I am a lucky woman, let me tell you! I can't wait to report on my first day! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment