Thursday, August 12, 2010

My 1st week at Tennessean Media Group!

Thursday night is here and as I sit to write this update I am just taking a breath from a very busy week. I have been going non stop since Monday morning at 5:00AM. I don't need to be at work until 8:30, but I have been nursing Addison from 5:00-6:00 before I get ready. I truly have had an amazing week. My training schedule has been non-stop and very busy... But I love it!! I'm having a blast. I'm learning so much and I'm so excited about this opportunity. My office is in downtown Nashville, in the heart of the city. Its an older building and it is very large. There are several parking lots and I'm in the closest, plus I have my own parking space! I have a name badge with my mug shot on it! I have to scan it to get in the building. I have a corner desk that everyone keeps telling me to personalize, but if you know me, you know I won't do this! Ha! Hang a calendar? I'll never change. LOL. I'm sure I'll get settled in eventually. I should at least take pictures of my beautiful girls! The building itself is pretty cool. I was able to take a tour & I actually saw where the paper is printed. That whole portion of the building had a strong odor, very strong. It was a combination of the paper, ink & machines. On my 1st day I sat in on a news meeting and heard what was going on the front page of the paper. There is a cafeteria, & a gym. The training manager is pretty awesome and I've enjoyed my time with her. Its a great feeling to not only learn new concepts, but to realize how much I already know is amazing. It has restored my confidence and has just affirmed that this is a good fit and a great transition for me. The company itself promotes from within and everyone I interviewed with has been there for such a long time. Its a great feeling to hear the encouragement and feel the support. I know I'm still in the honeymoon state, but I'm very optimistic and happy!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment