Monday, August 2, 2010

Charlie Starts Preschool!

Tomorrow my 3 year old little princess starts her 1st day of school. She is so excited! She has visited the school twice and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Everyday she has asked if she can go to school and tonight when she gave her daddy a hug and kiss goodnight she looked right at him and said 'I'm going to school tomorrow!' Her little voice had so much enthusiasm it just warmed my heart. However, me on the other hand I'm nervous. As I tucked her in bed and prepped her about tomorrow, the whole drop her off speech and come back and get her later, all I could think about was how is it going to go?? How will her 1st day go? I wonder if she'll start off quiet and listen to her teacher? I wonder if she'll ask 'how come' when the teacher says its time to sit down? I'm curious if she'll be hungry and actually eat her snacks? How will she play with other kids? Will she please remember to let someone know when she has to go to the bathroom! Will she say 'potty' instead of peepee and poopoo!! EEEK!
Funny, how I'm so worried and she is nothing but excited!! She really can't wait. I haven't even decided what she's going to wear. I want to make sure she is wearing something that is 'potty friendly'. Scott and I went and got her a brand new backpack tonight. She was a little disappointed that she had to have a new one, but adjusted fast! Her backpack had crayons in it and was left in the car... Needless to say its a mess! Ha! OOPS!
We sure had a nice weekend... We went to Lynchburg, TN on Sunday and checked out the Jack Daniel's distillery! That was pretty cool. We were unable to do the tour because we didn't think the kids were up for it. Its a pretty vigorous tour that includes some rough terrain and about 100 steps. It was not stroller friendly, so we just checked out the visitors center and saloon. Then we headed to downtown Lynchburg where we went into all the shops and did the souvenir scene! We had a blast. I will say it was hotter than heck! The really humid, sticky, sweaty, smelly, messy HOT! Pour Addison, she still hasn't cooled off! We parked in front of an ice cream parlor, so every single store we went in she would whine for ice cream! We sweated it out though and did the whole square. Funny, I kept thinking I was thirsty and went into over 10 shops and NOT 1 sold bottled water! Can you believe that? They sold soda, but no water! Me being from California, where there are 'people' on sidewalks with coolers selling water as you walk or drive by! LOL! Anyways, I stuck it on and didn't even get sun sick! That must only happen in the 'dry heat'! We really did have a great time. It was about an hour and a half drive in a direction we hadn't gone before. So I was able to see some more pretty. TN sure is growing on me, sure there are things I miss, but it really is pretty out here. Now remember I grew up in the desert so all this green is incredible. The trees are so beautiful and they are everywhere. We stopped at a really pretty lake, that Scott grew up fishing on... Charlie Mae loved hearing that because at this age she thinks she's going to enjoy fishing!
As far as the jobs go... Scott is enjoying his and its working out so far. I received my official offer letter today from The Tennessean, and it had everything they had promised me. I'm so excited! I have to arrange a drug test and as soon as I pass that I'll be ready to start. We still have to get the Volvo fixed EEK! Its fine around town, but before I can take it long distances I'll need to have Scott fix it. Other than that we are all doing well!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment