Saturday, August 7, 2010

Week 1, that's a wrap...

The first day day of preschool kicked off an awesome week for our princess. She did really well and truly enjoyed every minute. Taking Charlie to her first day of preschool was incredible. I was overwhelmed with emotions and scrambling around trying to get us all ready so no one would be late on that first day. I was so nervous. I just wasn't sure if she was going to be clingy or would want to stay. That morning Charlie was so excited. She ate all of her pancakes and took her milk "to go". She kept saying she was "going to school." She loved her dress, and her hair. She put on that backpack and said "lets go." On our way in the car, she says to me "don't worry mommy, I'll go to school and with all my friends and I'll be ok." Now, I know she is just repeating what I have been telling her all week, but it is just so cute! Well she not only wanted to stay, but after she introduced herself to the teacher, she turned to me and her daddy and asked us to leave!! Can you believe that? My little mommy's girl! We are so proud of her. She listened to her teacher as she instructed her where to sit and gave her a little name tag. So funny! I think she didn't have to wear the name tag long before everyone knew who Charlie Mae was! Needless to say Scott and I felt very comfortable leaving her there! Scott and I were so excited to go pick her up and hear all about her 1st day. We both knew she would have a lot to say. We wondered what they were going to say about her too. Does she really talk "too much?" Did she invade any one's "personal space?" Ha! She was so excited when our car turned the corner and when she saw us in the 'pick up' line, her eyes lit up and she started to cry! I was looking for her, but she was a little hidden behind an adult sitting on the steps, then I see her jump up and yell "Mommy!" She starts smiling and crying! It was just adorable. She was so happy! When she got in the car, she non stopped told us how much fun she had. She played with playdo, went to the playground, played dress up, heard a story and "had, apple juice, I just LOVE apple juice!" Ha! I had never given her juice, so she was in heaven! The best part was she asked us if she could go back. Everyday has been just as great as the day before. They have had special color days everyday and she has come home with pictures, and projects. On Friday she baked muffins, which is awesome since she loves to cook! She was so wound up after that first day that she didn't take a nap, but the second day she took a 4 hour nap! All week was great for her. She can't wait for Monday to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment