Sunday, August 29, 2010

'Paycheck Friday'

I had an awesome week at work and I really do love my job. I'm finally out of my formal training and doing more of what I'll be doing on a day to day basis. I have my client list and I'm starting to learn the area that I'll be calling on as well. I have some strong leads and I have already been on several appointments. I have tons of products ranging from print ads in the Tennessean, web ads on Tennessean.com, magazines, local editions, website design, mobile ads, direct mail, search engine optimization, and even media buys... Basically I am a full service ad agency. Plus, its seems as if there are some perks that go with the job too! And as perks I mean tickets!! Not just football tickets but plays, and festivals! This week was different from the rest because I wasn't in any classes... Plus I collected my 1st paycheck! Funny story about this is we bank at Navy Federal Credit Union and have not set up a local bank. I signed up for direct deposit but it has to skip the first pay period. Well the closest place for me to make a deposit is Kentucky!! Yep! Kentucky! Now, I would just go open up a bank account but I needed to have some $ in this account anyways so we decide to hop in the car and head to Kentucky! It took us an hour and half to get there and I laughed the entire time! I seriously thought it was hilarious that we were going to Kentucky. I took a picture of the sign when we crossed over, but there was nothing funny about it. Kentucky looked the same as TN as far as land goes, but the part we went to was really rural and we didn't really even see a city! It was interesting to say the least. Abandoned shacks, broken down barns, old buildings that had broken windows and no street signs on any streets! Of course though as we approached a brand new building that was Navy Federal Credit Union, we pass a large, nice from the outside Walmart! LOL!! We went and deposited my paycheck and headed straight to Nashville!
I love Nashville... I think its an awesome city. Downtown is amazing! Its historic and full of culture. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. Its right on the Cumberland River and honestly that area has so much character. When we got out of the car my husband says 'Yum! Ya smell that, BBQ in the air?' Yep, that's right! It was Music City BBQ festival! We had a blast! We took our old ghetto double stroller, that I can't even push! There were tons of BBQ stations and booths set up of various vendors. We could have got a personalized grill with your favorite sports team, tailgating games, and the best ice cream I had ever had! They said it was home made and involved liquid nitrogen... This I don't understand and that might not have even been what he said. He was speaking Tennessean! They also had those large air slides and Charlie just had to go on one so we let her climb all the way to the top and then she was scared to come down! She stood up there for 5 minutes! Crazy kid, when she finally walked down the stairs to come down she said she wanted to go on another and pointed at an even bigger one! They were doing a 'don't forget the lyrics' game show and I was asked to play. They had a stage and a real microphone... I thought here's my chance! I'm in Nashville, I will be discovered!! I'm going to finally catch my break! I was just about to accept the challenge when my husband reminded me that, not only can I not sing, but I would be doing everyone a favor by not singing. So we I walked off with my head down, telling myself next time Sarah, next time! Besides, its not like it was dancing and that's really where I shine! All and all we had a great time, and I learned that 'BBQ' is not an adjective, and is not beef! At least not in the south!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment