Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Charlie Mae in trouble, say what?

Charlie Mae got in trouble at school for the second time in 2 weeks! Yes, she had to "pull a fuzzy" twice. I believe this system is equivalent to having your name written on the board. She is not allowed to have 3 fuzzy's pulled in 1 week or she will get a sad face on her report. She has had 3 fuzzy's pulled for the entire school year and 2 were in the last 2 weeks. The most recent was for her messing up another student's puzzle. She just decided to take the pieces from him so he coulnd't finish and picked up the puzzle and shook it so all the pieces will fall out. Prior to that she went to school and actually told her teacher "I'm just going to be crazy today!" Where she got this, I don't know? And according to her teacher she held true to this statement and had a very crazy day! At one point she was asked to clean up the area around the play kitchen after she was done playing and she refused! She crossed her arms and shouted sternly "I'm not going to clean up that kitchen, I'm not, I'm not!" Her teacher repeated herself and said "young lady go clean up the kitchen." Charlie Mae said, "I'm not a young lady, I'm a little kid and I am not going to clean up that kitchen because I don't want to!" This led to her needing to pull a fuzzy! Charlie Mae came home from school and told me what happened and how she got in trouble and she was embarassed. She knew that it was not good. I tried to explain that after we play we always need to take a few minutes to clean up after and she looked at me and said just as serious as could be, "well I'm just not going to play in that kitchen anymore than, and I won't change my mind!" WOW! Yep, that is what I was thinking. This was all very funny, but serious too. We had just talked to her, or as Scott would say "got onto her" LOL! about not cleaning her room and how she needs to put her toys back after she is done playing. Now, don't think that I make my 3 year old sit up in her room and clean it up all by herself, because I don't. I do however expect her to help put away her toys. She knows where everything goes. Well this weekend she really messed up her room, with the help of baby Addison of course and she didn't want to clean it up. I talked to her a little bit about it and said if she started it, I would come back and help her. I was so impressed because when I came back into her room she had made a real effort to pick up. She put her books back on her shelf, tried to make her bed, and put every toy on the floor in her closet. I appreciated the effort.
Charlie Mae is a real handful, let me tell you. She is really smart and learning so much at school. She can verbally spell her whole name and speaks so well. She is adapting so well to Tennessee and is making friends. She has been to countless birthday parties and is even attempting to go on slides again! We had a few months when the slides scared her, but she is doing better now. She went down a gigantic slide at Clydes Slides last weekend! I was so impressed. She even went all by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment