Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We're back in Nashville!

And we are back... it was an adventure for sure and we almost stayed 1 more day in California! I had booked us super early flights because I didn't want us to have a long lay over in Dallas and I didn't want to get home late either. Well our flight was scheduled for take off at 6:05 am and my parents live about 2 hours from the airport, so we needed to leave by 2. Yea that didn't happen. We actually didn't even wake up until 3! We rushed out the door. I even went in my yoga pants, which is hilarious because on the way out there I wore high heels and was all dressed up. I never go out in public in my yoga pants! LOL. My sister would have been so proud of me for the casual effort I had made. We finally got out the door at 3:30 and we barely made our flight. We got stuck checking in our luggage and we were seriously delayed by our boarding passes because we had trouble checking in our little Addison. Scott had to get out of the security line twice to try and get it corrected which just delayed us even more! Then when it is finally our turn to go through the security check an entire flight crew cuts into our line. They apologized and told us they were sorry that there were so many of them and I looked at them and said 'its OK, we pretty much have already missed our flight.' We did make it but we were one of the last people to board. Our seats were not together... we had 2 seats together and then another aisle seat about 4 rows behind us. We asked the woman in the seat in our row if she minded moving and she said yes she did mind and chose not to move. So I sat with the girls and Scott was a few rows back. It was hard to be on my own but luckily Charlie played on the xoom and Addison took a nap. I'm not exactly sure when but it was over an hour and half into the flight both girls were hungry and Scott had their food. I tried to get his attention but I couldn't. A women in front of me heard me tell Charlie that daddy had her snacks, so she offered to go get them from Scott. As I was describing him to her the woman next to me snapped that she would just move and went back and told Scott, 'go! Your wife needs toys and crap!' It was hilarious! I was grateful. It was a lot nicer to travel together. After we got to Dallas and checked in for the next portion of our flight our seats were changed so we could sit together and that was awesome. It was nice to not have to worry about that anymore. The airport was fun of course, we made the most of our hour. Charlie and I walked around and ordered our lunch. Addison went potty and got herself situated and it was good downtime for mommy and daddy to chill and not be restricted to the tight quarters of the airplane.
The rest of the flight was great. Both girls slept the entire way and it was a nice smooth flight. All of our luggage made it back, well mine was missing handles but at least the bag made it. LOL! Ernie picked us up and when we got home Janette was waiting for a us with warm pizza. That was perfect because we were so hungry... she even thought to turn our heater on so the house wasn't freezing. It was a cold day too. Nashville welcomed us in style with freezing rain... of course in true Tennessee Spring time it was a nice 75 degrees 2 days later. In fact today it was a beautiful day and I wore a super cute short sleeve dress and wasn't cold at all. The sun was shining and the sky was clear. The trees are in bloom and the hills are green again. The blooms are simply beautiful and full of vibrant pinks and purples, very serene and honestly lovely. However on my way home tonight it started raining as a soon as I walked out of the building...

No comments:

Post a Comment