Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tennessee Vs UAB

We won!! Thank goodness! So we got up this morning and headed out to Knoxville. Now this wasn't always the plan... I got the tickets free from work on Wednesday, but I wasn't going to go. I wanted to stay home this weekend and spend some quality time with Charlie and Addison. Charlie and I had plans to bake a cake and I was going to take her by this dance studio in town that has openings. Anyways, she decides to go with Ernie and Janette to West Memphis, Arkansas. Janette's sister Gloria is in town from Florida. So with her going out of town Scott figures he'll take one of his friends to the game. Well, none of his friends or cousins can make the game on such short notice. So he is pretty much thinking he's going by himself. We had thought about taking Addison to the game, but the website and info hot line said all ages need tickets!! Of course we didn't want to pay for a baby!!
I of course change my mind and decide to go ahead and go at the last minute. So we pack up Addison and head to Knoxville. We had an awesome parking pass and were able to park super close in a garage. I carried Addison in the sling and proceed to the gate. My diaper bag is searched, but they don't find Scott's hidden pocket knife, LOL! Then there it is, the woman looks at me and says 'I need 3 tickets!' Ah man!! I couldn't believe it... I had just witnessed a man give away 2 tickets to a stranger and now I'm being told I need to 'go buy a ticket'. I see a young kid, probably a student holding up a ticket. I ask him if 'it is an extra and if he wants to get rid of it?' I proceed to tell him that we were just told we need to buy a ticket for our baby! He said 'that's ridiculous!' He then decides to sell me his ticket for $10! Ha! Gotta love capitalism! We really did have an awesome time and Addison was the cutest cheerleader ever! She was so good and the day couldn't have went any smoother! She stayed in the sling a little more than half the time. She even snuggled on me and fell asleep. Everyone was astounded by how good she was. She never cried and she just enjoyed sitting on her mommy's lap. At one point I got up to go to the restroom and I was stopped by several people to tell me how lucky I am to have such a good and happy baby! These are probably the same people who judged me when I walked in for even bringing a baby! Ha! We were nervous, but it was perfect and so was Addison! Oh and the Vols won in double overtime!! As they say 'life is orange and white'... And let me tell ya, I saw some orange! Knoxville is a pretty cool college town. It has a rad vibe. The school itself is beautiful. Old brick buildings and just smelled like education! There were tall, beautiful trees surrounding the area. We had a blast... The 'Pride of the Southland' marching band was amazing! It was awesome to watch all of their formation changes. They even played me some 80's Bon Jovi! I left with only one question... Is a football really made from pigskin?
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment