Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hey, it's been awhile...

Wow! I didn't mean to go so long with out an update, I've just been so busy. I love my job! I really do love it. I think it is an awesome job and there is so much opportunity for me to be successful. I have started working on my own now and I have started to take ownership of my existing accounts. I have managed to up sell all of my existing clients and I have finally started some new business. This week I have received 3 signed contracts. I also won a gift card for setting the most appointment on the entire sales floor during a mandatory phone blitz! That was pretty cool. Plus, I heard other reps comment about how well I sounded and that I was just "awesome on the phone" they also said that "it sounds like she's having so much fun." I loved to hear the positive feedback, because I still have times where I feel out of my element, even though I love the job. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments of frustrations and of course there are times I question my skills and talents as my insecurities sneak out. Then it happens, that moment that all sales people love... I will be on an appointment and I'm engaged in great conversation and I say it. You know "it" those words, that statement and I give that smile as my brain says "holy shit, did I just say that?" Yes, yes I did. And it worked. They like it and they like me! This week alone I have talked with over 10 CEO's of large Nashville company's and I have had a blast. They have been interesting and unique clients as well. In fact I worked for over 2 days on an ED campaign and now I consider myself an expert on the subject. Ha! Just kidding! Plus, I was given 2 free tickets to the Tennessee football game this Saturday and a parking pass. Scott thinks that is awesome and is really excited about going. That is just another nice perk about my job. I tried to be all cool when I gave them to him too. I was wearing this great dress and my new killer boots. I mean these boots are hot. I received at least 8 compliments yesterday on my outfit yesterday and I thought, I am going to go home looking this good and give my husband football tickets! Oh yeah! Ha! Not so much... He loves the tickets, but he doesn't get my boots at all. Ha Ha!

Last Friday I attended an awesome fashion show in downtown Nashville and that was amazing. I also went to the Frist and saw a vintage couture fashion exhibit from Europe. It was incredible. I have never wanted to touch something so much in my life. The beads, the textures, the fabrics, it was all incredible. Charlie Mae went with me and just loved it. She is my daughter for sure. We went with another couple who have a daughter who is about 6 months older than Charlie Mae and they got along so well. They had a blast. Probably the funniest part of that story is I finally got Scott to go with me to a museum and they asked him to leave! He had Addison in the lobby and was about to give her a bottle and they straight up asked him to go. How funny is that? Scott of course didn't mind and was as polite as ever. I finished the exhibit with Charlie Mae and we picked out our favorites.

I'm not going to say I am adjusting well and I won't bore you with my inner thoughts, as this blog really doesn't have the "dear diary" feel and is designed to update you on the kids. I will say that I am meeting new people and making friends. I've joined the chamber in Nashville and I have been to several events. I have been working out a bit to stay in shape and I am training to run a 5K run in November. I have been going to boot camp on Saturday mornings and I love it. It is hard work, but I love the atmosphere. We are actually working out at a park and being outside is not usually my thing, but I am enjoying the group of women that are participating with me. I do really like Nashville and I am exploring. There is so much to see and keep me busy. My office is so close to the heart of the city its easy to get out at lunch time and learn my way around. I am getting lost every day and the Garmin hates me. I swear she knows when I am driving and not Scott! Yesterday she had me turn the wrong way on a one way street! Yes, it is true! This was not just any street either. This was 4th and Church... 2 MAJOR streets in downtown Nashville. It was very scary, but thank goodness I survived.

Tomorrow is "show and tell Friday" and Charlie Mae is taking her flashlight because they have been learning the letter "f" all week. So she has to take something that starts with the letter of the week. Last week she took her Tigger for the letter "t"... ha! I'm sure you could guess what letter it was. Charlie Mae still loves school and is learning so much. She comes home singing new songs and is counting so well. She is putting together things that I have said to her in the past and it is obvious she understands now. Her teacher Mrs. Joey Jane says she is her favorite student of all time. Which I think is wonderful. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in that class. They say Charlie Mae makes them laugh all day and I believe it. Addison is officially a crawler! She can crawl all over the house and does not sit still. She is hilarious too just like her sister. She will be crying and then I smile at her and she just smiles back! It is so funny. She has the greatest smile too. She smiles from ear to ear and all you see is teeth. Funny that I just said that because that is how Scott has described my smile before. She has this amazing arm strength and throws like crazy. I know I have said that before, but it is just so funny. She will be sitting in her high chair and we'll give her a toy and she launches it! She has such a cute dainty laugh too! On a sad note... we lost pretzel. That little Beta Fish survived in Scott's truck all the way from California in a water bottle and he stoped swimming yesterday in his tank. It was a real bummer. We of course now have pretzel number 2! We were able to pull it off and have added another lie to the parents know best column... ah yea right. We are just taking the easy way out, but isn't that usually the purpose of a lie. The truth hurts, right?

On an exciting note... very exciting news!!! DRUM ROLL.... We are moving! Yeah, good bye tiny condo. We have had a blast, but we want our own bed, our awesome kitchen stuff, some bathroom counter space, a DVR that will keep recordings longer than 2 days, and just our stuff! It has been hard to live with out our stuff! We love Ernie and Janette and I won't complain about living with them. Not only because they will read this, but because they are very good to us and we are lucky to have them. Yes, we are blessed. I know they are probably ready to have us go, but I know they will miss living with Charlie and Addison. We are going to move the 1st of October. Scott will fly out to California and get our stuff out of storage and drive it back. We have enough here to move in as soon as the house is available and he will probably go back to California the 2nd week in October. We shall see. It will be so hard for me knowing he is there with out me, but I will survive. I do really miss seeing my family. I miss my sister more than I can describe. Plus, I am so happy for my niece Maryam. She is doing so well and has really come so far. Since only family reads this and I am sure you have all heard, but I am talking about her not needing her button anymore. She is eating so well and is so healthy that she doesn't need it anymore. They were able to take it out this week!! Isn't that awesome!!! I was so nervous all day and I wanted to be with my sister for that moment. She was so happy when she called me and hearing the excitement in her voice was amazing. We did get a web cam so I can SKYPE now. In fact I skyped today with my best friends from college which was awesome. No one else has done it with me though. I am sure it will catch on soon. Hopefully Jennifer and my mom will do it soon too. Scott's family has it, so he and the girls have been able to talk to his brother and sister in law.

Scott's job is going great too. He just completed a bathroom tile job and was able to do it all by himself. That guy can do anything of course, but you all know that if you know him. He even built a deck by himself and listening to that story is hilarious. The bathroom job has a funny story too. That's one of the things I love about my husband. They man has stories... he can tell them too! If something crazy is going to happen, it happens to Scott and he always finds a way out too! Like I said he can do anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment