Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The storm!

Last week we had a horrific storm here in the south land. I'm sure you have heard about the tragic deaths on the news. Well here in Lebanon I hear we are lucky! We are! This is true. We are alive and well and have more days to live for. I will say though that last Friday I was terrified. I have never been more fearful in my entire life... Strange enough we had plenty of warning. I hears all day that the storms were coming. 'bad weather is on its way'. My boss sent me home about 1:39 in the afternoon and I have about a half hour drive. I was nervous but was not in too much rain. I come home and put both of the girls down for their naps. Then I sit in front of the TV and watch the news. I'm listening, tracking and following everything she says. Charlie woke up just about the time the sirens start to go off. I tell my mom to put her shoes on. I run up stairs and grab Addison out of her bed. We go into the downstairs bathroom with a flashlight, blanket & pillows. It's me, my mom, Charlie, Addison and Smokey. It's tight but we are cozy. Smokey is nervous at first, but then came the storm. The rain, wind and hale was so loud we didn't know what to think. Smokey just starred at the door. I protected the girls heads with pillows. Scott was still at work. This storm was so loud that I truly believed water was in my house. I was sure a wall or window came down. I didn't know what to do. I said the Lords prayer and prayed for my children. In that moment I didn't know what was going to follow. I wish I has the words to convey the sound and the harshness that lead me to believe there would be no tomorrow. Then all of a sudden it stopped. It was silent. The storm had passed. I will never forget the relief I felt at the moment I opened the bathroom door and realized my house was still standing. The winds that day were more than 90 miles an hour. The hale that came was as big as golf balls. My deck in the backyard was covered with ice. The tree next door snapped in half. My children and I are alive and well and lives to see another day. My daughter Charlie Mae who is 4 said it best. The next day I heard her prayers. She said 'dear God, thank you for today and thank you for another day.' then she looked at me and said 'mommy were you really scared?' I said, 'yes baby I was. Were you?' she said, 'no, I knew God would protect me.'. I hugged her and just cried. This child is amazing and everyday she reminds me of this. This is a true story about The Tennessee Experiment... Take it for what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment