Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Wow! I had a wonderful birthday... I took the day off of work and my girls made me feel so special. They had been planning the big day for While and were so happy when it finally came! They gave me their gift as soon as they woke me up... I believe it was right about 7! They gave me a beautiful necklace and fun scarf. I love both. They also took me out to breakfast... Which was a hoot!! They made a big deal out of everything we did and reminded me all day we could do whatever I wanted, it was my day. So we did... We ran a few errands and Charlie got a hair cut, paid some bills and went to Target to get them both some spring clothes. They enjoyed picking out some shorts and sundresses. They liked the shoes the best. I said they could only have 1 pair but they both ended up with 3! They were just so excited to try them on and wanted all of them. After shopping we went to Scarlette's Tea House for afternoon tea and lunch! It was delicious and so much fun. The girls just loved it. They both got a kick out of it since they play tea party almost every single day!!
The highlight of the day was where Charlie had planned my party! She has had it planned for awhile and never let the secret out. In fact when we got close she asked me to close my eyes and didn't want me to open them until I got out of the car!! And there it was... Chuck E Cheese's!! She was so excited! When we walked in she told them all it was my birthday and she planned my party! She even brought coupons she found in the paper! If was hilarious! It felt great, to see those girls so excited about my birthday. I'm confident now that they felt special on their birthdays, and wanted to give it back. Charlie and Addison are both amazing kids with very big, giving hearts and it makes me feel so proud to be their mommy. Spending the day with them was so joyous and the only gift I needed. It was a wonderful day and Chuck E Cheese was a great ending to a perfect day! When we got home we had my favorite kind of cake and I opened Scott's gift, which was a bookcase. I had been wanting one for a long time! It was the perfect gift. I also got a new coach purse and a gift card from my mother in law. Plus, my 2 aunts sent me some birthday money! I'm telling you it was an awesome birthday!!!
They didn't forget about it at work either. They hung a birthday banner up in my office, got me a big chocolate cake, and an awesome name plate for my door thy is purple and not only says my name but 'general manager' as well!! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I have an amazing family and the perfect job. I work for the most thoughtful family I have ever met. They have taken the time to get to know me and show me their appreciation constantly of me being there. Who would have ever thought Sarah would find this kind of happiness here in Tennessee?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment