Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Cicada Invasion!

The moment I had been dreading since the  first time I heard the word Cicada... and I actually thought it was a made up evil joke to play on a Californian! These bugs are so disgusting and alarming. Ok, so yes they don't hurt you or bite you, however they will fly right into you and they have no problem landing on you. They are attracted to sound and will just flock to you. I guess they come every nine years! Just my luck they are here for my first year! Just like how last summer, was the hottest TN has had! The winter was the coldest TN has ever had! Now the Cicada's? Ha! If that isn't a sign for me to RUN back West, I don't know what is! These bugs make a loud sound and have really big red eyes! They only live for a few days and are here to mate and will burrow their eggs deep in the ground to hatch in another 9 years! Those orange/reddish/brown things are the Cicadas! They are even worse in Nashville! I was driving through Green HIlls just the other day, which is an older part of Nashville and it was like a sci-fi movie... the bugs flying all over, was like little ships just launching across the sky! I can not wait for them to leave. I think they will be here for 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment