Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A conversation with our little Addison..

Tonight was an amazing night in the Haston household. I only left a half hour late from work today, which is technically early for me. I had plans to have an early dinner and take Charlie to get he school supply list. The night doesn't work out like I had intend and I am ok with this... When I pulled up the kids were outside visiting with a 13 year old neighbor kid whom they adore. Scott went to go help mow an elderly women's yard which delayed dinner. I know I can't be upset about him doing the right thing. Ok so now to the conversation with Addison... Charlie Mae at this point is throwing a big fit for being in trouble after she pushes Addison down because she was 'in her way.' Charlie is in the hall way crying and busy being mad when Addison walks over and says 'why you crying Charlie?' Charlie yells back, 'go away Addison!' And sweet little Addison doesn't miss a beat and yells back, 'no, I'm your sister! I not go away!'Charlie says again 'go away Addison I don't wanna see you.' Addison says 'no I'm being nice, why you cry?.' The whole conversation was just adorable...
Later that night I go to put Addison to bed and she tells me she really isn't ready for bed but will pick out her story. After 5 minutes of convincing her not to read the same Easter book I've read for 4 nights straight she picks Cinderella. She says to me, 'how bout Cinderella? It's a story about Cinderella!' I laugh and say of course. I put her in bed and as I'm reading this story, I'm about half way at this point and she says to me, 'I have a story about the beauty and the beast.' These are the moments that make it all worth it! I love these 2 girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment