Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Smokey Mountains

Today we headed to East Tennessee, which is such a beautiful drive. I never mind how long it takes to get to Gatlinburge because I enjoy the ride every time... Such beautiful scenery. The trees right now are so green and the hills just have a southern quietness about them. Our hotel is in Pigeon Forge, which is such a crazy little town... We are next to the Hatfield & McCoy's dinner theater and the Titanic replica boat! Hahaha! We drove through parts of the Smokey Mountains and it was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in sight. We went on the 6 mile drive loop looking for a bear or a waterfall, but we didn't see either. We did manage to get out of the car by a historic house and walked along side a creek in a short trail. We wanted to hike more, but the trails that were in a short driving distance were too strenuous for the kids and Yaya! So we headed back into town and strolled through Gatlinburge.
We decided to eat at Dick's Last Resort, have you ever been there? CRAZY! We had a blast! All of us laughed so hard. The kids danced on the stage and at one point we were all wearing handmade, paper hats with silly, crude humor on them. Mine said 'I pee when I laugh'. My mom's said 'I fart when I sneeze'. They were all hilarious. The waiter yelled everything, so at one point Charlie started yelling too! Dicks is right next to Ole Smokey Moonshine, so of course we had to taste some. I tasted I think 4. My favorite was ApplePie, then punch, and finally peach. I even ate a cherry that was soaking in white lightening. Yuck! Talk about intense... Burned the whole way down. Reminded me of my first trip to TN, my father in law made me try some moonshine to welcome me to the south! I did it too... I'm such a good sport! Hahaha







No comments:

Post a Comment